1) How many omphalocele repairs and what kind have you done?
a) surgery right at birth? #
b) "Paint and wait" method? #
c) If "paint and wait" how many months did you have to wait to pull together the abdominal muscles?
d) Will you know right away which method you would want to use or will you have to wait until our son is born?
2) Is this something you feel comfortable doing because of your experience?
3) What level NICU's are there at Valley Hospital?
a) What do the levels mean?
b) Where would our child start?
c) What determines which level they start and then move to?
4) Will you be the surgeon tending to our son or will there be someone else? If there is a chance that there is someone else can we meet them as well?
5) When should our son be circumcised if he is already having to go through surgery? Should we wait to have less areas with the potential to get infected?
6) Are you up to date on the latest research and procedure?
7) I have heard that "paint and wait" is out dated, what are the methods used now?
8) Is there a pediatric surgeon on call at all times?