Saturday, June 27, 2009

Getting Ready...the baby and me

I feel like there has been so much to process and understand about our little boy that I haven't realized how quickly my pregnancy has gone by in such a short amount of time. I am 22 weeks and 1 day today, past the half way point...I cannot believe I am going to meet my son very soon. That being said, my husband and I have gone into semi baby mode...painting the baby's room, purchasing baby furniture and some accessories.

I hunt the clearance section for winter clothes, which by the way is a great way to find really cheap items. I have bought long sleeve onsies and thermal underwear for $1.97 at Old Navy and flannel and fleece one piece outfits for $3.99 at Carters. Shopping off season is definitely the way to go for babies, especially since they are going to out grow their clothing so fast!

As for me, my stomach is growing and therefore my clothes are not fitting. I have gone to the clearance sections of Mimi Maternity and to Kohls for reasonably priced maternity clothes. At one point I even bought some maternity clothes on Ebay, but I did not have any luck with the lot that I purchased. Out of 6 items I ended up only keeping ONE skirt and GoodWilling the rest. I also had the good fortune of having several friends who had babies already and were willing to let me have or borrow their maternity clothing!

For many women being pregnant and watching their belly grow is a joyous occassion and they love every second of it. I will admitt that it is very difficult watching my belly grow, my boobs double in cup size and my butt becoming a shelf. Although I love the thought of my little man growing inside of me, it is still very hard to see my body like this in the mirror. And don't get me started about bathing suit shopping...why do they make zebra striped, plaid, and polka dot bathing suits for pregnant women?!! How about something in a solid color?! That being said, I just have to get past my insecurity and know that in the end this is all worth it and even though it will be a "differernt" kind of birth and beginning of life, it is still the beginning of something new and exciting for both my husband and I.

1 comment: