Monday, July 19, 2010

9 months old...I cannot believe my eyes!!




Here is our little man.  Jackson is 9 months and 2 days old today, it is truly incredible.  I cannot believe how fast the time has gone, how soon I will be going back to work, and sadly the day is nearing that Jackson will have to go to daycare.  It is interesting how people who do not have kids yet or do not have to put their baby into daycare try to console you about having to do just that with your little one.  I know their kind words are being said to soothe me, but hearing them doesn't make it easier and unless you have to do just this I think it is hard for you to understand:
"It will be good for him to socialize."
"It's only for a couple hours."
"It is good for you to get back to work and socialize with some adults"

It is nice to hear these things but unfortunately none of them make me feel better and I get very emotional just thinking about having to drop him off to daycare.  I envision Jackson crying in a crib and no one coming to soothe his tears, falling and no one to kiss his boo boo, and just not being cared for as well as he was with me.  

No words of encouragement are going to make it any easier...I get jealous when I hear of other mom's who are staying home indefinitely and even angry when they try to tell me how great it is that he is going to go to daycare...I want to say, "Well if it is so great then you should do it too!"  I know they just mean well, but this is probably going to be the second hardest thing I have ever done in my life.  Jackson just know that Mama loves you VERY much and I would stay home with YOU forever if I could! 

5 comments:

  1. This breaks my heart for you. Obviously I have no words to make you feel better... as I'm sure the only thing that would make you feel better would be to stay home with him. THAT I can empathize with!

    It's true that NO ONE could care for him like you could. But you are making this choice to give HIM the better life. Let that be a comfort! You are a wonderful, selfless mom...

    And he is so stinkin' cute!!!!

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristin!! Love you too even though you keep beating me at scrabble!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! My name is Jess. My husband and I were recently informed that we, too, will be the parents of an "O baby". What frightening/terible news that was! However, I have been taking solace in other success stories like yours. Your son recovered so quickly and is now so handsome! I only hope we have the same luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jess,
    Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to email with any questions or anything. I totally understand what you are going through. Mdeevy@optonline.net
    best of luck to you and your family and congrats in your pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Morgan,
    I swear as Chase gets older, he is lookin more and more like Jackson. Maybe all little boys start looking the same after awhile. Anyway, he is too cute and I know you hate to leave him. I wish I could stay home, too but it's not in the cards right now. Hope you find an awesome daycare that you feel comfortable with. We love our sitter, but are about to change to a larger daycare and I'm a little scared about that. Hopefully, it will work out for the best. Take care.

    ReplyDelete